Customer Review: “We had a leak in our kitchen that flooded our whole downstairs and Dry More came in and did an amazing job drying everything out. When you’re dealing with such a stressful event it is good to work with a company that is very competent, trustworthy, and friendly through out the whole process.”
Air Duct Cleaning Houston TX, HVAC Cleaning Services
More satisfied customers…
“My experience with Drymore was wonderful. The staff in the office was extremely courteous and friendly and the crew was more of the same. They were wonderful at communicating what was going on and extremely trustworthy. I highly recommend Drymore!”
“I had a fantastic experience with Drymore. They made a stressful situation much easier by thoroughly answering all my questions, being dependable and providing constant communication throughout the process. I would highly recommend them to anyone.”
“Very professional service from the moment that I called to schedule an appointment. Great service, the crew that came out was knowledgeable and professional.”
- Serving the Entire Houston Metro Area
- Certified Water Remediation Company
- BBB Award Winner 8 Years in a row
- Talk Directly to Us at 713-781-0877
Recent Before and Afters
Important to clean the ENTIRE HVAC System
Air duct cleaning is not just ductwork cleaning. In actuality, the entire HVAC system should be cleaned. Failure to clean all components of the system can result in recontamination of the entire system. That is why you need a professional airduct cleaning company like DryMore.
Besides the air ducts, HVAC cleaning in Houston should include the following components:
- Coils – The warmer air from your house is blown across the cold coils. The coils get wet from the moisture in that air condensing on them. Any dust in the air tends to cling to the wet coils. The moisture and dust on the coils is an ideal breeding ground for fungi. The coils must be cleaned to prevent the air in your home from passing over the dirt and possible microbial growth on these coils.
- Drain Pan – The drain pan (or drip pan) collects the water dripping from the wet coils and is also an ideal place for fungi. The air blowing over the coils and back to the living areas of your home also blows over the drain pan.
- Registers – The registers (or vents) need to be cleaned and the register box that they are attached to needs to be checked. Missing insulation or air leaks in the register box (diffuser box) can cause condensation and fungi on the registers.
- Air Plenum – The plenum is the large box next to the air handler (the blower motor) that all of the air ducts come out of. The air going through your air conditioner system passes through the plenum on its way to the air ducts, and it tends accumulate a lot of dirt, debris, and other contaminants.
- Blower Motor – The fins and housing of the air blower tend to accumulate a buildup of dirt over time which makes the fan less efficient at moving the air. The blower motor sends the air from the cooling coils through the plenum, air ducts, registers, and back into your living areas.
Negative Air Pressure in HVAC Cleaning is CRITICAL
During Houston duct cleaning, the entire HVAC system should be placed under negative pressure (a vacuum) to prevent the spread of contaminants which may include debris from outside air sources, smoke residue, dust, fungus, etc. The negative pressure allows the very fine particles and larger debris to be removed from the system as they become airborne. This ensures that these particles are not released into other parts of the HVAC system, or the home, during the HVAC duct cleaning.
During the HVAC cleaning, the negative air (vacuum) is produced by a large HEPA filtered vacuum with a 12 inch wide hose that is fed into the attic area and attached to the Plenum. The AC vents, except the one on the air duct being worked on, are then sealed off. Air powered whips or brushes are fed through the air duct to the plenum. This agitation breaks loose the contaminates on the inside surfaces of the air duct. The dust, debris, and/or fungi that are broken loose from the air duct or plenum are all sucked into the HEPA vacuum machine through the 12 inch hose. Home owners are usually astounded to see how much dirt and debris is being sucked out of their AC system and down through the transparent hose. With components like the plenum, air mover, coils, and drip pan, contaminants are also removed by hand-brushing, cleaning solutions, or contact HEPA vacuuming.
The last thing you want is for the contaminants to be spread beyond where they already are. You are trying to eliminate the contaminants, not spread them to other areas of your home. If the Houston duct cleaning isn’t done properly under strong negative air pressure (a vacuum), that is exactly what may happen. Not only won’t you alleviate your problem, you will most likely make it worse.
If you’re doing air duct cleaning in Houston TX because you need ac duct cleaning to remove the contaminants and improve your indoor air quality (IAQ), make sure to hire an affordable air duct cleaning company who does it right.
When You Need To Call An Air Duct Cleaner
Through normal occupation in a home, we generate a great deal of contaminants and air pollutants, such as dander, dust, and chemicals. These contaminants are pulled into the HVAC system and re-circulated 5 to 7 times per day, on average. Over time, this re-circulation causes a build-up of contaminants in the duct work. If no one in your household suffers from allergies or unexplained symptoms or illnesses and if, after a visual inspection of the inside of the ducts, you see no indication that your air ducts are contaminated with large deposits of dust or mold, having your air ducts cleaned is probably unnecessary.
However, you should consider having the air ducts in your home cleaned if:
- There is substantial visible mold growth inside hard surface ducts or on other components of your heating and cooling system.
- Ducts are infested with rodent’s insects, or other vermin.
- Ducts are clogged with excessive amounts of dust and debris and/or particles are actually released into the home from your supply registers.
In addition to normal accumulations of dust and dirt found in all homes with air ducts, there are several other factors that can increase the need for regular HVAC system cleaning:
- pet hair and dander
- residents with allergies or asthma
- cigarette or cigar smoke
- water contamination or damage to the home or HVAC system
- remodeling projects
Some residents are more sensitive to these contaminants than others. Allergy and asthma sufferers, as well as young children and the elderly tend to be more susceptible to the types of poor indoor air quality that air duct cleaning can help address.
Contaminants in the heating and cooling system cause it to work harder and shorten the life of your system. Although filters are used, the heating and cooling system still gets dirty through normal use. When an HVAC system is clean, it doesn’t have to work as hard to maintain the temperature you desire. As a result, less energy is used, leading to improved cost-effectiveness. It is recommended that your air ducts be cleaned every two to five years depending on their circumstances.
You need a Houston air duct cleaning company who:
Cleans the ENTIRE system, not just the air ducts
Breaks loose the sources of contamination
Provides Strong Negative Air Pressure to prevent cross contamination
At DryMore Air Duct Cleaning we’ve cleaned HVAC systems in everything from homes, to office complexes, schools, and multi Cineplex movie theaters. If you need residential air duct cleaning services for your office, DryMore can help!
DryMore Air Duct Cleaning is honored to be a part of the Houston West Chamber of Commerce.
DryMore provides duct cleaning services to the entire Houston TX area, including 77002, 77003, 77004, 77005, 77006, 77007, 77008, 77009, 77010, 77011, 77012, 77013, 77014, 77016, 77017, 77018, 77019, 77020, 77021, 77022, 77023, 77025, 77026, 77027, 77028, 77030, 77031, 77033, 77034, 77035, 77036, 77038, 77040, 77041, 77042, 77043, 77045, 77046, 77047, 77048, 77050, 77051, 77053, 77054, 77056, 77057, 77058, 77059, 77061, 77062, 77063, 77064, 77065, 77066, 77067, 77068, 77069, 77070, 77071, 77072, 77073, 77074, 77075, 77076, 77077, 77078, 77079, 77080, 77081, 77082, 77084, 77085, 77086, 77087, 77088, 77090, 77091, 77092, 77093, 77094, 77095, 77096, 77098, 77099, 77201, 77336, 77339, 77345, 77357, 77365, 77373, 77375, 77377, 77379, 77386, 77388, 77407, 77429, 77433, 77447, 77449, 77478, 77484, 77489, 77493, 77504, 77506, 77587.